What to Expect
- A place of warmth and fellowship. We make it a point to set aside time every Sunday for a casual fellowship for those who want to attend.
- Expository preaching-Our pastors normally (there will be exceptions for Holidays and guest speakers) preach through the Bible one book at a time.
- A Bi-lingual environment- All messages are delivered in English and Japanese.
Typical Sunday Worship Schedule
- Arrival- When you arrive you will be greeted at the door by one of the church members and handed the bulletin for the day.
- Those with children six and under will be directed to our children's center where they will be requested to fill out a childcare information form (if they wish to leave their child in the center during service).
- 10:00- The announcements will be given (in Japanese and English). After the announcements everyone will be invited to take a few minutes to greet one another in love.
- 10:10- The worship leader will begin to play the first worship song. This will signal the congregation that it is time to return to their seats and begin worship.
- 10:15- An opening prayer will be given by the worship leader.
- 10:15- 10:30- Worship (Worship is the only part of service that is conducted only in English). We normally have one person, who plays an acoustic guitar, lead worship. The worship leader's purpose is to lead the congregation to worship God and not to entertain.
- 10:30-11:10- Message-Given in English and Japanese
- 11:10-11:20- Lord's Supper- Our Cross Church Yokosuka we take communion weekly. We practice open communion and invite any Christian, that is anyone who has received Jesus as their Lord and Savior to take communion with us.
- 11:20-11:25- Closing Worship song and prayer.
- 11:25-12:00- Coffee/tea and snack fellowship for any who want to attend.